YOU ARE PRIMARY "INFLUENCE" AND SECONDARY "CLARITY"
What Motivates I Style?
- Recognition, approval and visibility
How does the I Style display feelings?
- They are emotional and optimistic
- Readily express their own feelings
- Respond to other’s feelings
How does the I Style interact?
- They talk
- Love to verbalise
What about the person? The I style is:
- Fun –loving
- Showy & spontaneous
- Requires constant changes
- Regular praising
- Needs more than one thing happening at a time
- Usually late for appointments and is disorganised
How do you sell an I Style?
- Have fun
- Be entertaining
- Be passionate
- Be social
- Compliment them on everything
- Talk about ‘them’
- Ask lots of questions and allow them to talk
- Speak a little faster, higher pitch and with animation
What Motivates C Style?
- Being right, quality
How does the C Style display feelings?
- Through control, however cautious
- Does not say or reveal much
How does the C Style interact?
- Good listener
- Ask ‘what’ and ‘why’ questions
What about the person? The C style is:
- Deep thinkers
- Analyse, study and research ‘everything’
- Exact and precise
- Accurate and scientific
- Computerized and robotic
- Cold and intolerant
- Punctual and organised
- Unresponsive and insensitive
How do you sell an C Style?
- Be on time
- Be more serious
- Speak softly, don’t let your body language be over the top
- Humour needs to be witty, quick and clever
- No flattery
- Have proof of success of your product or service
- Provide written research, stats or data
- Listen very carefully and don’t repeat yourself