YOU HAVE TWO Or More EVEN PERSONALITY TYPES
What Motivates D Style?
- Results, challenges and action
How does the D Style display feelings?
- Control, however can be detached
- Tends not to value feelings
- Hot-tempered under pressure
How does the D Style interact?
- One-way, they’re not usually good listeners
- Tell other how it should be done
- Not good at explaining
What about the person? The D style is:
They require a challenge, is not threatened by change, revels in competition, decides quickly, and has no time for non-achievers, incompetence or inefficiency. They have a strong, open body language and wear bold colours, such as Black and Navy. They have expensive tastes.
They are generally business owners or executives, successful sales people or leaders.
How do you sell a D Style?
- Stick to the big picture and ask about their goals
- Ask lots of relevant questions
- Create competition
- Show exactly how it can help them achieve their goals
- Avoid the ‘fluff’
- Compliment but don’t exaggerate or flatter
- Never talk down or patronise
- Never tell them what to do
- Never tell them what they know
- The sale MUST be their decision
What Motivates I Style?
- Recognition, approval and visibility
How does the I Style display feelings?
- They are emotional and optimistic
- Readily express their own feelings
- Respond to other’s feelings
How does the I Style interact?
- They talk
- Love to verbalise
What about the person? The I style is:
- Fun –loving
- Showy & spontaneous
- Requires constant changes
- Regular praising
- Needs more than one thing happening at a time
- Usually late for appointments and is disorganised
How do you sell an I Style?
- Have fun
- Be entertaining
- Be passionate
- Be social
- Compliment them on everything
- Talk about ‘them’
- Ask lots of questions and allow them to talk
- Speak a little faster, higher pitch and with animation
What Motivates S Style?
- Relationships and appreciation
How does the S Style display feelings?
- They are emotionally warm people
- Generally have a strong circle of friends who they relate to
How does the S Style interact?
- Tend not to initiate relationships
- Good listener
- They ask ‘how’ and who’ questions
What about the person? The S style is:
- Speaks softly and slowly
- Internalize pain
- Hate to stand out in the crowd
- Puts others first
- Great listeners
- Very sensitive and unselfish
- Predominantly pessimistic
- Early for appointments, very rarely late
- Is loyal, patient, secretive and comforting
How do you sell a S Style?
- Be early
- Be honest, kind and genuine
- Focus on safety and security
- Talk a little softer and slower
Ask more rapport building questions
- Give more of yourself, they want to hear about you
- Don’t push
What Motivates C Style?
- Being right, quality
How does the C Style display feelings?
- Through control, however cautious
- Does not say or reveal much
How does the C Style interact?
- Good listener
- Ask ‘what’ and ‘why’ questions
What about the person? The C style is:
- Deep thinkers
- Analyse, study and research ‘everything’
- Exact and precise
- Accurate and scientific
- Computerized and robotic
- Cold and intolerant
- Punctual and organised
- Unresponsive and insensitive
How do you sell an C Style?
- Be on time
- Be more serious
- Speak softly, don’t let your body language be over the top
- Humour needs to be witty, quick and clever
- No flattery
- Have proof of success of your product or service
- Provide written research, stats or data
- Listen very carefully and don’t repeat yourself